Effective on: May 15, 2017
- This Privacy Statement covers http://www.easynews.com and Easynews.
- We will not send you unsolicited email.
- We will not sell, rent, or trade your information to any third party.
- We will use best practice security procedures to keep your information safe.
- We do not keep HTTP logs.
- We do not keep NNTP logs.
Easynews respects each individual user's right to privacy. Easynews has created this Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to privacy. This Privacy Statement discloses our information-gathering and dissemination practices for this website. This policy applies only to information that is collected through this website. It does not cover any information that may be collected by software downloaded from this site.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the privacy statement group by email.
Information is collected, used, and stored in the following situations:
- Registration: Name, credit card number, credit card expiration data, card validation value (CVV2), street address, and zip code are collected. The CVV2 value is discarded after the credit card transaction is completed and is never stored. The customer may optionally provide email address and a security question and answer pair, which will also be stored. The credit card transaction is processed through a third party that is governed by this Privacy Statement, acting on the behalf of Easynews, and is not authorized to use your information for any other purpose. Registration information will be kept on-file to support the registered account for the duration of the customer relationship with Easynews.
- Live Chat Online Support: Email address is collected to facilitate a response. Live chat is hosted internally, and is thus not disclosed to third parties.
Easynews places the following limitations on data collection and use:
- Age: In keeping with the terms of the Subscriber Agreement, only persons over the age of 18 years may subscribe to our site; however, we do not monitor the age of our user audience. To the best of our knowledge, we do not collect information about persons under the age of 18.
- IP Address: Easynews does not store, or link, IP addresses with collected account information. IP addresses are only collected and used for administrative purposes to ensure that the optimal operation of the site.
- Promotions: Easynews does *not* provide information to any third party for any promotional purposes.
Your information may be used to contact you in the following situations:
- Support: Your email address or other contact information may be used to facilitate customer support, such as via email or by telephone.
- Account Notifications: Your email address may be used to send you information concerning your account. These emails are necessary to provide the service and as such you are not able to opt-out of these communications for the duration of your membership.
- Inquiries: Easynews responds to email inquiries initiated by you to us, unless you explicitly request automatic email communications regarding your account status. This functionality is turned off by default and you can change this option at any time by accessing your account and updating your preferences.
Further disclosures and advice about the use and sharing of information:
- Financial Transactions: Easynews works with a third party for processing credit card transactions. The third party is governed by, and subject to, the terms of this Privacy Statement.
- Legal and Law Enforcement Cooperation: Easynews reserves the right to disclose collected information as required by law where a formal request has been made, such as in complying with a court order, subpoena, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on the site. Easynews reserves the right to disclose information when we believe - at our sole and absolute discretion - that disclosure is necessary in protecting the safety of our users and staff, as well as in protecting our intellectual property.
- Forum Participation: To protect your privacy, do *not* post any personal information, including mailing address or credit card data, to the forums as these posts can be read by all visitors and thus constitute a public disclosure of information. Easynews is not responsible for any personal information a user elects to publish in a public forum.
- External Links: This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Easynews is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Users are encouraged to be aware when they leave Easynews and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects their information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site and the third parties explicitly covered as note previously.
- Security Measures: Easynews makes use of a variety of security measures to protect against unauthorized access to the service and the loss, misuse, or alternation of stored information. Credit card information is transmitted securely over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection. Although we cannot guarantee that our system is secure against any and all persons and technology, we are sensitive to, and maintain the latest industry standard technology available to protect against, unauthorized access to or disclosure of data and services.
- Modifying Information On File: If you desire to change or modify information previously provided to us, if you wish to remove any optional information previously provided to us, or if you have any questions about the privacy practices of this site, you may use the account edit functionality at http://easynews.com/edit/ or any method of contact listed on our support page at http://help.easynews.com.
- Changes in This Statement: You will be notified via email and a web site announcement in the event that your information may be used in a manner materially different from that described in this Privacy Statement. In such a case, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of modified use of your information. Customers who have deleted or deactivated their account will not be notified of changes in the Privacy Statement as their information will not be used.